We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team
This full-time role will be based at the Davenport Campbell Sydney Studio and report to the Head of Graphic Design.
As an integral member of our Studio, the Graphic Designer will thrive in a fast-paced environment,
enjoy learning multiple industry standard skills, all the while producing a wide variety of Graphic and Signage work to the highest standard.
Davenport Campbell has developed a reputation for being a leader in innovative workplace design
and we are continuing to expand our offering in this space with an integrated Environmental Graphics and Signage service.
Our focus is on building strong and lasting relationships with clients and co-collaborators.
We do this by demonstrating our core belief that great partnerships fuel creativity and innovation, and the best form of success is shared success.
We have recently won several new clients with major commissions and have been expanding prospects across Australia and internationally.
We are seeking a talented Graphic Designer who wants to be challenged, is able to take advantage of growth opportunities with the studio,
is passionate about push design boundaries, understands the value our client relationships, and is driven to do great things with the design team.
Formed 40 years ago, Davenport Campbell has undergone numerous changes in ownership, geographical spread and market dominance.
For the past 17 years the company has been owned by Peter Wager and Neill Johanson.
Recently several directors have been appointed in recognition of their leadership skills.
This has resulted in a balanced management structure, quick decisions, and transparency in all aspects of our business.
We are focused on our core competencies and align them with the kind of work we like to do.
A guiding principle is that this work needs to be both profitable, sustainable, and creative.
We have found that our office of between 35 to 40 people in Sydney, Canberra, and Melbourne,
not including our extended family of contractors and part timers is just the right size for everyone to know each other,
and to offer a consistently high level of creativity, innovation, and service to our clients (such as HSBC, Woolworths, Atlassian, KPMG and Sydney Airport).
Your time would be split across three work areas: project work, business development, and Internal support. Your responsibilities will include:
– Helping design and create documentation for Environmental Graphics and Signage projects – from initial Concept all the way through to installation
– Learning and applying brand guidelines consistently across new projects
– Updating artwork with client amendments through rounds of approvals
– Being a part of big idea thinking for design concepts – thinking outside the box, next to the box, turning the box up on its head… you get the idea.
– Interior design support – Photoshop plans, and InDesign support for design presentation packs
– Working directly with Principals and Directors on new business submission documents and presentations.
– You will need to be able to juggle your workload to prioritise and meet deadlines.
– Website and social media updates and creation
Your Skills and Experience
– Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro. Moderate proficiency in Word and Excel, CAD skills are a plus!
– You are a graduate of tertiary graphic design training and/or come with 1-2 years’ experience in the field.
– Have previous experience and/or an interest in 3D space and how people engage with signage and the built environment.
– Making updates to online platforms (website/social media)
– You are detail orientated. You must be capable of following processes, making text and image edits, managing filing and ensuring everything is delivered correctly and on time
– You have strong time management skills and can work across multiple projects
– You’re naturally a great team player with a collaborative spirit
– You have the ability to adjust quickly and think on your feet
– You have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are open to new ways of working
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.